A few years ago, the life I’d taken for granted was changed forever. In the span of a few months, I experienced a series of intense losses – a layoff, the end of a career, the breakup of a long-term relationship, the unexpected death of a beloved healer and friend, and the diagnosis of a major chronic illness. I became anxious and depressed about how I would get my life back on track. With my familiar health, career, financial, and relationship supports having crumbled away, I was left with a choice: to give up completely, or to find a way to keep going. It wasn’t easy but somehow, I found a way to dig deep inside myself for the courage and answers that I needed.
Since then, I have been on a fascinating journey of self-exploration, and as a part of this I went to grad school to become a therapist. I know how hard it can be to reach out for help, and I consider it an honor to support and guide other people as they embark on their own very personal and, oftentimes, challenging life journeys.
As a Licensed Professional Counselor, I have earned the highest level of licensure for mental health counselors in the state of Colorado. In grad school, I studied mindfulness, meditation, and both Western and Transpersonal Psychology, so my approach is very holistic. I have also completed additional, specialized training in:
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Neuroscience of trauma
- Anxiety therapy
- Licensed Professional Counselor, Colorado (LPC.0018014)
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling (with a concentration in Mindfulness-based Transpersonal Counseling) (Naropa University)
- Bachelor of Science, Biology (San Diego State University)
- Certified Trauma Professional (Evergreen Certifications)
Take the first step...
Schedule a free 30-minute consultation. Let's see if we're a good fit!