A few years ago, the life I’d taken for granted was changed forever. In the span of a few months, I experienced a series of intense losses – a layoff, the end of a career, the breakup of a long-term relationship, the unexpected death of a beloved healer and friend, and the diagnosis of a major chronic illness. I became anxious and depressed about how I would get my life back on track. With my familiar health, career, financial, and relationship supports having crumbled away, I was left with a choice: to give up completely, or to find a way to keep going. I chose to dig deep inside myself for the courage and answers that I needed.
Since then, I have been on a fascinating journey of self-exploration, and I consider it an honor to support and guide other people as they embark on their own very personal adventures. Having studied Eastern philosophies and Western Psychology, I enjoy blending mindfulness, neuro-psychology, and other holistic modalities to help clients integrate the learning that is unique to their lives. I am continually amazed at the balance, growth, and transformation that are possible when someone I’m working with rediscovers their vast inner resources – their inner brilliance.
I collaborate with my clients to create an individualized approach based on their specific needs and goals. This process ensures that our work together will bring forth each client's innate wisdom, and ability to heal and grow.
I work with people who want to address any of the following:
- Chronic illness
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions (including personal, career, aging, etc)
- Trauma (childhood, relationship, PTSD)
- Relationship Issues
- Life Balance
In order to best support you in this journey, I draw from the following modalities and disciplines:
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Polyvagal Theory (nervous system and trauma-informed)
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Human Biology
- Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC.0018156)
- Master of Arts, Clinical Mental Health Counseling (with a concentration in Mindfulness-based Transpersonal Counseling) (Naropa University)
- Bachelor of Science, Biology (San Diego State University)
- Certified Trauma Professional (Evergreen Certifications)
Take the first step...
Schedule a free 30-minute consultation to explore how we might work together.